PidgiWIki has migrated images to a new server! If you see any broken images/thumbnails, please let us know in the Discord: https://discord.gg/Eg9QahqpXf
|Welcome to PidgiWiki, SuperHamster! PidgiWiki is the video game media repository. Feel free to use any images that you find here, and help to upload more!
(going to respond to your message on Requests here to simplify things)
I'm the webmaster of PidgiNet - glad to have you here! I've been meaning to upload the New Leaf art to Nookipedia, but I only got to uploading one (Kapp'n). We do still have some New Leaf artwork to upload, some of which we simply haven't gotten to yet, and some that we can't find names for. I'll try to get the rest uploaded as soon as I can.
Also, thanks for creating the Delete template. I really never thought about creating one for PidgiWiki, as to me, this is still my tiny little project that nobody knows about! Thanks for fixing a bunch of the City Folk file descriptions as well. We're moving to a new categorization system (using Semantic MediaWiki instead of the basic categories), so hopefully things like that can be caught even sooner.
- Thanks for the welcome, nice to meet you! I love the site so far. Glad to help - hopefully I'll be here for a while.
- Regarding New Leaf images on Nookipedia, all the current official artwork we have is located in our New Leaf gallery. I could upload any missing images from there to PidgiWiki, though I believe many of them are not the highest-resolution ones available. Any new New Leaf uploads would be much appreciated! :)
- Also, out of curiosity - have you considered joining NIWA? I'm not sure if the nature of Pidgi's content fits NIWA's scopee, but it may be a nice way to be associated with something larger and hopefully attract new users. Just a thought, which I'm sure might've crossed your path in the past. Cheers, ~SuperHamster Talk 17:39, 9 July 2013 (PDT)
- Anything is welcome! If it's not the best, hey - maybe we'll find better later! It looks like Da braviary (vice-webmaster, similar to your position at Nookipedia) is busy uploading the rest of the character artwork right now, so hopefully those will fill a void.
- As far as NIWA, I have considered it, as I do have good relations with a number of those wikis. However, there is one glaring problem to that, as the Bulbagarden staff will refuse to talk to me. Since Bulbapedia is pretty major with NIWA (and Archaic owns the domain), I doubt that they'd let the site in due to grudges. I suppose I can try, though.--immewnity (talk) 20:34, 9 July 2013 (PDT)
- I noticed - it's definitely a big help! Huge props to Braviary - I've been trying to keep up with re-uploading all those images over at Nookipedia.
- As for NIWA, interesting - I had no idea. Is it because of the overlap of content? Since you've expanded to covering all Nintendo games, I suppose one could argue that PidgiWiki conflicts with all current NIWA wikis. But I feel like the fact that PidgiWiki serves solely as an image repository, rather than as a source for information, is a unique enough resource. I'd support it - but that's just my two cents.
- Well, thanks again for the help :) ~SuperHamster Talk 20:42, 9 July 2013 (PDT)
- It's not about conflicting content - it's a long story. Something of which, after over a year and a half, I hope both sides of the issue have changed for the better. I know that my life has changed dramatically since then, and hopefully they have, too. Grudges shouldn't last this long, especially not for a site regarding a children's franchise. Let's see if things turn out well!--immewnity (talk) 20:56, 9 July 2013 (PDT)
Everything on the wiki is everything that I have, which unfortunately is missing some new and old Villager art, although I know they exists, I have not found them...yet...I hope.Da braviary (talk) 20:01, 10 July 2013 (PDT)
- Huh, interesting. Hopefully they're out there somewhere ;P Well, thanks so much for your time and help with the images you could find! It's much appreciated - the images will be of huge help on Nookipedia. Cheers, ~SuperHamster Talk 21:59, 10 July 2013 (PDT)
- Yea, I'd say so! I've gone ahead and added it. Quick question too - at the moment, there doesn't seem to be a specified license for non-image content on PidgiWiki? At the bottom of every page, it states "Content is available under unless otherwise noted" with no license specified. ~SuperHamster Talk 22:04, 23 June 2014 (UTC)